How can I block Adobe Flash ads? They drain my computer's memory.
The ubiquitous ads using Adobe Flash player slow my computer down to the point where I can't scroll down the page and read the website that the adds appear on. And every site uses them. When I close "plugincontainer" in the task manager the CPU and RAM are freed-up and I can actually scroll down the page. How can I block these useless ads? I'm using Mozilla Firefox on Windows XP and Windows 7 machines.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Default Plug-in
- Bing Bar
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
There are some add-ons that can help with this:
- Adblock Plus - can be used to block ads including Flash ads - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
- Flashblock - can be used block Flash objects, with an option to display them by clicking on the placeholder that is displayed where a Flash object was originally placed - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/flashblock/
Modified by TonyE