My homepage keeps automatically changing to http://search.bearshare.com/ without my permission.
A while ago I downloaded bearshare, and realised it was not a very trustworthy source so I uninstalled it. The website http://search.bearshare.com/ kept coming up as my homepage on internet explorer, and with other problems on internet explorer i decided to download firefox. And now, it is doing the same thing, despite firefox being installed after the removal of bear share. I keep changing my homepage to facebook and selecting the option to keep the page blank, but it keeps changing to http://search.bearshare.com/ and changing it to the option to show homepage without my doing so. There is noone else who accesses this computer, and I have scanned the computer for viruses, malware and trojans.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Click Tools Menu > Addons > Extensions. Remove any extension with the name "Bear Share". Restart your browser.
See also these forum threads about BearShare:
http://www.ehow.com/how_6609141_remove-bearshare-spyware.html I followed all prompts and they found nothing to suggest bearshare is on my computer. But it is still automatically changing to become my homepage.
There isn't any extension named Bearshare, I found an extension named MediaLab and uninstall it, then i success.