I downloaded 3.6.13 to my desktop. how do I install it?
After downloading 3.6.13 version to my desktop, the instructions say to move icon to the Application folder, then drag the Firefox icon to the docks. When I open Firefox, it is still the old version 126.96.36.199.
How can I use the new version?
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r260
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/184.108.40.206
Firefox 220.127.116.11 is the last ever release for Mac OSX 10.3.9 and earlier versions. Do you have MacOSX 10.4 or higher?
I do have a laptop with 10.4, but the 2 desktops are 10.3.9. So do I need to upgrade these desktops before I can use 3.6.13? Is upgrading costly? The 10.4 is being used by my business partner, so I don't have access to it.