I have started getting pop up ads on Firefox, although the pop up blocker is attactivated with no exceptions; the pop ups are on IE windows; what do I do?
I have started getting pop up ads on Firefox, although the pop up blocker is activated with no exceptions; the pop ups are on IE windows; what do I do?
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
few weeks ago
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- ClickPotatoLite Firefox Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101130 Firefox/3.5.16 GTB7.1
Random pop-ups such as this can be caused by malware/spyware. Try running some of the malware scanners shown in the "Spyware on Windows" section of this link - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked