downloaded 3.6 upgrade and rebooted computer. It still gives an alert that my web browser is not protecter.
completed the download twice and when I open the browser, there is a message that the browser is not protected and that I need to download the update. The computer was rebooted each time after the update process was completed.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
02/12/11 and again on 02/15/11. Downloaded 3.6 each time.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.0.6 NET_mmhpset (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
This can happen if you have an incorrect user agent string (identifies the version of Firefox). Some add-ons can lock the user agent string causing it to show an old version of Firefox even if you have the latest version installed.
Your user agent string is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.0.6 NET_mmhpset (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)" which shows Firefox 3.0.6, though the "rv:126.96.36.199" part indicates you are using Firefox 3.6.13
You need to reset the user agent string and it will then correctly identify what version of Firefox that you have installed.
For details of how to fix this see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Websites+or+add-ons+incorrectly+report+incompatible+browser
Are you sure you're actually running Firefox 3.6? Select Help and then About to see the version of Firefox you're currently running. This post indicates you're running 3.0.6.