I can't open a new tab anymore; what happened?
In the last few days, when I try to open a new tab, nothing happens!
Try to disable or uninstall the Ask toolbar extension.Read this answer in context 108
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a few days ago
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Heppkat Communicator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- WildTangent Games App Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 AskTbBLT/184.108.40.20690 Firefox/3.6.13
Try to disable or uninstall the Ask toolbar extension.
Thanks so much, that worked! Lou
it works, thank you.
Please mark this question as Solved. Thanks !
Is there any other way to get around it...I kinda need the toolbar ATM...but I NEEEEEEEEEED to be able to open new tabs too lol
worked for me too. now i just gotta figure out how to get the pogo search from showin up errytime i open a new tab :s
I don't have Ask toolbar extension. Any other suggestions?
That worked straight away, thanks! Don't these people even bother testing their extentions etc before putting it out there?
Go to Tools Add-ons in there, you may notice the ASK logo. If you have the Trillian ToolBar that could be causing it also. I just found out it is associated with ASK.
Modified by cjackson1972
I too uninstalled the Ask toolbar and it helped. You must close all firefox windows before uninstalling. And I didn't need to go into firefox safe mode.