can't get rid of inbox.com on firefox on my mac. tried everything. how do I do it?
I wrongly installed an apparent search engine, INBOX, on Firefox on my Mac. Don't want it but can't get rid of it. INBOX tells you how to delete but the directions are only for PCS. Help!
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Do you see any Inbox extensions in Tools > Add-ons > Extensions?
I have followed all the suggestions I could find to get rid of Inbox and finally deleted Firefox and plan to reinstall but lost my preferences in the process. Whoever Inbox is should be scorned - they know what they are doing and it sucks!!!
We had the hardest time getting rid of the inbox toolbar on our mac. We tried uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting all the add-ons, and it still wouldn't go away. We FINALLY got rid of it by doing the following:
Quit Firefox While holding down the Option key, click to open Firefox This will open up a window that gives you the option to restart Firefox in safe mode and restore some stuff I checked the first 2 and last 2 boxes on the little menu that popped up to disable all add-ons, reset toolbars and controls, reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults and restore default search engines Clicked "Make Changes and Restart"
Tada! Hasta la vista, Inbox.toolbar
Modified by brasil66
Help!Want to rid of Inbox.Went to Programs to uninstall and they say that they can't find the address.
Hi I just ran into this problem. I went to my "System Restore" and went back 2 days before. and it removed it. Had to re-do some minor things as on my Tool Bar. But worth it. Never download anything you don't want permanently. Hope this helps.