how can i delete all or multiple bookmarks ?
i tried to delete all my bookmarks and re-import an HTML bookmark file, so it was such a wasting of time deleting all the list one by one. I am wondering isn't there a method to select all or multiple bookmarks and delete them by one click ?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
You can do this by starting Firefox in Firefox safe mode, then in the dialog box that appears select "Delete all bookmarks except for backups" and then click "Make Changes and Restart"
For details about how to start Firefox in safe mode see https://support.mozilla.com/kb/Safe+Mode
You can select multiple bookmarks in the Library (right pane) or sidebar in the usual way with Shift and cursor Down and press Delete to remove the selected bookmarks. In the sidebar you need to click to the left of the favicon to avoid opening the bookmark.