Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Firefox takes a longtime to load. ( Only firefox has this problem) Why?

Angelo_A

Its mostly 90 % of the time. When I run it I have to seat here and wait and wait for it to load. Sometimes I think it didn't took the cliks on the icon so I do it again and then when it does load I end up with two browsers.

I have remove and re-installed the program twice with the same results. This is the only program that does it. everything else runs fine.

Is there a cure for this?

Its mostly 90 % of the time. When I run it I have to seat here and wait and wait for it to load. Sometimes I think it didn't took the cliks on the icon so I do it again and then when it does load I end up with two browsers. I have remove and re-installed the program twice with the same results. This is the only program that does it. everything else runs fine. Is there a cure for this?

All Replies (1)

Try safe mode from the start menu.

If it's fast, it means there's an add-on that's causing the issue.