how to update my firefox in linux redhat el5
I am using linux redhat el5. In my system firefox has already installed but it was older version and i ean t to upgarde my browser.But the file is not in .rpm package so i have problem to install it. In my firefox there is no option of upgrading. kindly help me step by step.
Additional System Details
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.5745 built with gcc 3.4.6 on Nov 17 2010
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_01
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20070118 Red Hat/22.214.171.124-10.el5 Firefox/126.96.36.199 pango-text
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 was first released on 2007-03-15, which makes it almost 4 years old.
The first thing to do is to see if that version of Linux meets system requirements for Firefox 3.5 /3.6.
The GTK package is usually too old on Linux distros that came with Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 versions, and need to be updated. It's usually easier to install a newer version of your Linux distro than it is to update "packages" ala carte.