How do I unremember passwords that Firefox saved?
When I enter a user name and password to enter a web site , Firefox asks me if I want Firefox to remember it. I say "Remember". Now I wan to change that password. How di I do this? Thanks, Jerry H
Additional System Details
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Coupons Inc Mac Safari Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
If you type in a new password for a site that Firefox has previously remembered, it should ask you if you want to change the password that has been stored.
If you want to remove the password, you can delete it from the password manager. In the Tools menu select Options to open the Options dialog. Select the Security panel and then click on the "Saved Passwords" button to open the passwords manager. You can remove a site by selecting it in the list in the password manager and then click the Remove button.
I clicked on "Tools" but it doesn't have an "option" to select. So, any other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry H
I just went to Firefox Preferences >Security and i saw a button that said "Saved Passwords". I clicked on that and all my saved passwords came up, so I selected the one I wanted to remove and then clicked on the "Remove"button. It worked! Thanks for your help - it got me thinking in the right direction. Jerry H
Can remove the older password there
Tools > Options > security > saved passwords!
Can remove remembered passwords here
Tools > Options > Security > Saved Passwords