New tab opens unwanted search engine
I want to reconfigure new tab to a blank page. I accidentally allowed an app to reconfigure my New Tab feature in Firefox to open Yahoo search engine. I want to configure it to go back to Blank Page.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Ok, i had this too... not with yahoo, but with something called babylon search, which i didnt want AT ALL. I didnt know how to disable it and no one else seemed to know either but i successfully removed it and this is how
go to tools (in the task bar), then add ons.
go to extentions, or add ons and in there you will find yahoo (hopefully), uninstall and disable it and this should stop it from coming up on your tabs when you open one...
This worked for me and now i get blank tabs again :D
Modified by sdolla92