My computer is locked in an endless cycle of Firefox upgrade Yes or No
Responding to a prompt from Mozilla/Firefox a few days ago, I clicked ok to install a Firefox upgrade. Since then, whenever I try to open with Mozilla I get a prompt that says:
“Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of Firefox. Do you want to reboot now?”
Available responses were only “Yes” or “No.” No option is offered to cancel the upgrade.
If I click “No” my computer stays on but I cannot use Mozilla/Firefox. Thus I cannot reach my doctor or medical file, my library account, my recipes & other important areas. If I click “Yes” it goes into an endless cycle of turning off, then coming back on with the same window: Your computer must be restarted to complete a previous upgrade of Firefox. Do you want to reboot now? & the same Yes or No dilemma.
This makes my computer unusable & almost useless. PLEASE help me get out of this. I do not want or need the Firefox upgrade. I only OKed it to make it stopping asking me.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Responding to a prompt from Mozilla/Firefox a few days ago, I clicked ok to install a Firefox upgrade.
Don't know what a plugin is, but I don't think I have any.
- User Agent:
This is what I need.
- How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly)
Remove the files in the updates and updates\0 folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates (%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\updates)
- Download a fresh Firefox copy from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and save the file to the desktop.
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Don't remove personal data if you uninstall the current version.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.