How do I delete a download?
I downloaded a program that destabilized my laptop. I removed the program with add/ remove program tool, and I want to get rid of the download itself, which is still in the Download Library. I don't want to leave anything of this program behind on my laptop. How do I delete the download?
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Right-click on the entry in the downloads window and select "Open containing folder". That will take you to where the file was downloaded, and if it is still there you can delete the file. To remove the entry from the downloads window, right-click on the entry and select "Remove from list".
For more details on using the downloads window see the Where to find and manage downloaded files in Firefox article.