Barclays internet banking - Cannot login as FF states that a Plugin is Missing. Button to find plugin finds nothing. Cannot proceed any further in login?
Barclays internet banking - Cannot login as FF states that a Plugin is Missing. Button to find plugin finds nothing. Cannot proceed any further in login
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Simply cannot log-on to BIB as Missing plugin notified but nothing found
I notice that your post is 12 months old, but since it is high up in the Google search it may still be relevant for others with a newer problem.
I have just spent a VERY frustrating 45 minutes on the phone with the BIB No-Support Centre and it appears that anyone using Firefox or Safari for their BIB access needs to be very careful about upgrading to newer versions. At the present time (Dec 2011) BIB only supports FF version 4 or below, the same for Safari - 4 or below.
According to Wiki: FF version 5 was released in June11; Ver6 in Aug11; Ver7 in Sep11 and Ver8 on Nov 8th. For Safari it is even worse with Ver4 being released in Nov2010 and Ver5 in Jul.
So the solution proposed - downgrade to version 4 or use Internet Explorer ... oh, and they confirm that they do in fact support MAC users, just as long as they happy using an old browser !!!