My Forward, Back and Reload Buttons are greyed out and no URL shows
- Firefox opens to a blank page instead of the home page
- Toolbar buttons for Back/Forward/Reload are disabled
- URL is not shown in the Location Bar when browser opens on homepage
I disabled all Add-ons and rebooted Firefox, but there was no change.
I deleted places.sqlite and places.sqlite-journal in Profile Folder and rebooted to create new replacements, but there was no change.
I upgraded from version 3.6.11 to version 3.6.12, but there was no change
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I booted up today
- Belarc Advisor and BelLive Plug-In v5.1k
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Winamp Application Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Do a clean (re)install:
- Download a fresh Firefox copy from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and save the file to the desktop.
- Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer.
- Don't remove personal data when uninstalling.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
You can initially skip the step to create a new profile, that may not necessary for this issue.
Thanks, cor-el. I had to do the total delete and reinstall, but it worked like a charm. I appreciate your help. Although I saved a copy of my Firefox Profile folder, I wasn't able to figure out how to copy my Bookmarks (Favorites) into the new installation. Other than that, I'm back in operation.
Try to restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup (bookmarks-xxxx-xx-xx.json) in the bookmarkbackups folder in the old profile.