PLEASE PLEASE HOW CAN I UNINSTALL SPEED DIAL?
I desperately want to get rid of the Speed Dial feature which I find extremely irritating.
Nowhere in Firefox's drop-down menus is there an uninstall facility
Can anyone help me? If Firefox can't help. I'll simply change to another internet service.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- Office Live Update v1.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 GTB7.1
First, Firefox is not a service, it's a browser. Second, it's free, so threatening to switch to another one does not help you in any way. Third, there is already a ton of information on how to uninstall add-ons.
Speed dial uninstalls like any other Firefox add-on. Click on "Tools" on the Firefox menu bar and select the "Add-ons" option. Select the add-on you want to remove. Once it is highlighted you will see an uninstall button. Click the uninstall button and it will uninstall the add-on and prompt you to restart Firefox to complete the process. It's as simple as that.
Type about:config in the url-bar and press enter. Press "ok", "whatever" or "shut up already" if the browser asks stupid questions. Enter browser.newtabpage.url in the search bar and set it to "about:blank". Source: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/new-tab-page-show-hide-and-customize-top-sites#w_how-do-i-turn-the-new-tab-page-off
Modified by jous