Is there a keyboard shortcut for switching windows?
I see that there is a keyboard shortcut for switching tabs within a Firefox browser window, but I'd also like one for switching between browser windows. I imagine this is easier on Windows, where each browser window sort of behaves as a separate application, but on the Mac OS an application can own several windows. Thus, the OS doesn't provide support for switching between browser windows via a keyboard shortcut; it can just switch between applications, which brings all of the target application's windows to the front.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 166
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
To switch between Firefox windows use: (Shift) Cmd + ~ (Tilde)
Command + ~ (tilde) won't work if an embedded video is on the screen. Once a different page is on top, it will work again.