firefox keeps remembering a website and won't allow me to log out and will not return to login page. been to cookies, saved passord options, nothing helps
firefox keeps remembering a website and won't allow me to log out and will not return to login page. been to cookies, saved password options, says no password is saved but it is. nothing helps
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100914 AskTbFWV5/18.104.22.16819 Firefox/3.6.10
Went to "tools" then to options then to "security" tried everything and nothing stops from automatic log in
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite and cookies.txt, if they exist, in the Profile Folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
It might be that you are logged in with HTTP authentication (either basic or digest). This authentication is arranged by the browser, so you would have seen a pop-up dialog asking for a user name and password while logging in. It seems that these are cached by the browser and it requires you to restart the browser to log out...
Because I found that having to restart the browser quite annoying I stumbled on this question and also on the HTTP Logout add-on that allows you to log out without restarting your browser. Not many sites use HTTP Authentication, but you might give it a try.
Modified by pjvleeuwen