How do I remove ALOT from Mozilla?
I now have "ALOT" on my browser and I want to remove it. If I switch to Explorer it is gone.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When I downloaded 3.6
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 AskTbAPLV5/22.214.171.12404 Firefox/3.6.10
You seem to be referring to ALOT Search 20090923. Look for it in Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions, choose 'Uninstall', restart Firefox. Then the extension should no longer be present on your machine.
Modified by Svetlana
tried this; still have alot on firefox start page. Have to each time go up on upper left and click it out.
I removed the Alot toolbar, but it is still in the search bar.
This removed the toolbar, but Alot is still in the search bar.
Thanks for help. Alot is removed!
In order to rid myself of the annoying ALOT toolbar I inadvertently installed, I had to do several things:
1. Uninstall ALOT
- Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs & Features - choose ALOT and click uninstall
2. Change homepage back
- Firefox Menu > Options > Options OR File > Tools > Options - Update homepage on General tab
3. Remove from Firefox Addons
- Firefox Menu > Add-ons OR Tools > Add-ons - highlight ALOT, click the trash can on the far right
4. Remove it from the Search box next to the address bar at the top of the browser:
- Click the down arrow next to the icon in the search box - Click Manage Search Engines - In the Manage Search Engine List box, highlight ALOT and click Remove.
Modified by CreepingShadow