trying to download new version; telling me I don't have sufficient permission to access certain features so won't go in applications folder.
I'm on an older MAC operating system 10.4.11 - when I try to drag the new Firefox icon into the Applications folder I get that prompt and it won't go. Have no idea what it means.
Additional System Details
This started when...
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- Verified Download Plugin
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealMedia Player
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/220.127.116.11
Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall.
Install the new version that you have downloaded.
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.