anything printed with firefox prints too small
anything printed with firefox prints too small. If I print and email it prints in the center top of the page and is just larger than a credit card. if I adjust the scale to 100% the it prints what could fit on one page onto 4 pages and prints a small portion in the center top of the page and is just larger than a credit card.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
with the latest update eto 3.6.10
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Plug-in compatible with UIS v3.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Sounds like a paper size issue, or excessively large margins.
Try the reset described here:
When using FireFox, the pdf's print incorrectly (small) to multiple printers (networked and local). When using IE8, the same pdf's print correctly to those printers. There seems to be more to this than printer settings.
I have tried reset printer as well, but this prints from safari and IE if use a PC. it seems that the margin are too large for the print page and no amount of tinkering with settings or with about:config changes this.
Ok i think i fixed this issues. i went to about:config print.print_margin_bottom (and also left, right and top) and right clicked reset (it took out the previous 0.5 value). now the pages look normal on print preview without the large margin
I have this problem and just downloaded v 10, hoping it would fix it. But to no avail. Printing anything comes out very small. Yet print preview is very large and doesn't fit the page. No problem with IE.
Nothing works!! Adjusting to 100% instead of "shrink to fit" helped with the size of the print, but now some words are cut off at the end of each line, as it doesn't fit the width of the paper. Very frustrating.