I lost the bar across the top of screen ... FILE,EDIT,HISTORY,BOOKMARKS etc how can I get it back?
It might have something to do with a change I made yesterday. I followed some instructions that said to go to TOOLS and click Clear Cache . Now there isn't a bar on top of my screen anymore to go back and click "tools" (or anything else). I went to Control Panel and did a "restore to earlier point" (restoring computer to an earlier date) but it did no good. What can I do to get things back?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Please see What happened to the File, Edit, and View menus?.
That took care of it. I clicked "menu bar is missing" like you sad. I then hit the ALT key. Thank you much!