is there a way to find history that has been cleared?
pertinant history has been cleared from mozilla and i want to know if there is a way to recover some or all of the history that has been cleared.
Additional System Details
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.5.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Once cleared, the history can not be recovered.
So your saying that once you hit the clear all history button, search history is gone for ever? As compared to internet explorer where it could still be recovered?
MS has a habit to store all kinds of data in the registry. You'd be surprised what would show up if you would search for it. The NTFS file system makes it easier than ever to recover deleted files by only setting a delete flag flag and not removing any file name or index and cluster data that FAT 16 and FAT 32 do. Firefox stores the history in a SQLite database file, so if you delete the history then you clear those records in the file that usually can't be recovered. There is an Undo history kept for the bookmarks (Ctrl + Z in the Library) that you use to restore deleted bookmarks if you delete any by accident and haven't closed Firefox.