How can I transfer the entire Firefox installation/content (directory, "private data" (cache), settings...) to another harddrive unit?
I want to move all of the Mozilla Firefox browser/program from one Harddrive (for example "C:") to another (for example "D:").
All of it means all of the program files(/directory), all associated data (like in the "\WINDOWS"-directory (application data, registry, "\WINDOWS\SYSTEM")), settings, cache, browsing history, download history, saved form information, "private data" data, add-ons, plugins, cookies, etc..
Grateful for quick, simple solution.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
- VLC multimedia plugin Version "0.8.4"VideoLAN WWW: http://www.videolan.org/
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Network Object Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/220.127.116.11
Mozilla Firefox 18.104.22.168.
I am running Microsoft Windows ME 4.03.1214.
File system FAT32.
Try using MozBackup, it's a free program that will make backups of various Mozilla programs -- "It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, passwords, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ..."
Run MozBackup to backup your settings, uninstall Firefox, install it in the new location, run MozBackup to restore your settings.
Backing up your information
Check and tell if its working.