When unsuccessfully trying to upgrade (to 3.6), a prompt says I don't "have sufficient privileges" to some of the items. How fix?
I now have version 3.0.5 and am on a Mac desktop, OS 10.5.8.
Additional System Details
This started when...
I was trying to upgrade my Firefox to the latest version offered.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Websigner (184.108.40.206)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5
You can try to repair the permissions for the Firefox application files and folders.
You can also do this:
Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall.
Install the new version that you have downloaded.
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.