Associate ed2k protocol to program (eMule or aMule etc. )
Hello to the to the Firefox team ,
When one click a eMule or aMule (P2P) link , there is no
option to associate it with /usr/bin/ed2k (the P2P program) .
In former versions you had to go in "about:config" and enter a New then Boolean with as name :
"network.protocol-handler.external.ed2k" and value :
Then again New String "network.protocol-handler.app.ed2k"
with "/path/to/ed2k" as a value .
I have Firefox 3.6.7 on a Fedora 13 O.S. and the classic
doesn't do the trick . How comes ?
Now I get a warning window witch basically says : (translated & abbreviated from Dutch)
" don't now how to open this address , this protocol (ed2k) isn't associated with any program "
Only option is the OK button , end of history , no way to
associate , as explained in MIME types etc.. ...
I've no idea , and there seams to be nobody else having
the problem , there isn't anything in the FAQ's or the
knowledge base .
Thank you for the attention ,
Additional System Details
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8.1 (fedora-42.b18.fc13-x86_64)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; nl; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100723 Fedora/3.6.7-1.fc13 Firefox/3.6.7
If I can provide more details , please ask me
Thank you cor-el , that did it .
I had this similar situation before but I managed to get around it through about:config. I just had to manually add protocol ed2k to the list of registered protocols and it worked for me.
I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 with Firefox 6.0 and aMule 2.2.6 and the trick doesn't work.
These are the three extra lines that I added to the about:config already recorded in the prefs.js file:
Also I installed amule-utils and amule-gnome-support... any clue about what is the problem? Any extra line is needed in version 6? I have not been able to find any concrete information about version 6...
Thanks in advance!
Modified by ruxerruxe
I've got the same problem. My firefox3.6.18 on ubuntu10.04 can not recognize ed2k. As google shows several ways to solve this problem, I tried for hours and all failed (include the above ones). Finally sudo apt-get install amule-gnome-support, everything works fine now.
Modified by email@example.com
As my consideration, ubuntu 11.04 is a problem itself. So is firefox 5. I've never heard firefox 6 before. For my painful firefox 4, I'll never use that soft until my firefox3.6.18 crashed some 10 years later