This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I get a pop window from http://www.toughdisease.com/index.php/exercise website even though I have enable pop-up blocker with no exception
This pop-up opens in a new tab in the Firefox window. It opens up any time when I click on anywhere on any website (though not always). I have run scan, it detected a virus which I have cleared but problem is still there.
All Replies (3)
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
I did a quick google search and there seems to be someone that removed the virus with Avast av.
I think you have a virus.