Can't watch or play swf files in firefox
For some reason when I try to open a swf file i get the open with or save to window. I can play swf on websites and save it off of them but i can't play them on firefox. It works on IE but it is annoying to have to allow activex everytime. Also i checked under tools > options > applications and it has SWF on Use Shockwave Flash (in Firefox) and swf on always ask.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100824 AskTbUT2V5/18.104.22.16804 Firefox/3.6.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Did you check the settings in Tools > Options > Applications ?
See "Reset Download Actions": http://kb.mozillazine.org/File_types_and_download_actions
Thank you, the "reset download actions" thing worked. the lowercase swf thing is gone and they can play now.
Hi All, i have checked the Tools > Options > Applications, but i didn't see "Reset Download Actions". I solved this problem by installing Flash Player. Now i can play swf in firefox.