Mac says firefox already open, but it's not. I just copied profile from a different laoptop. I need to tell firefox that another copy is not open
I was moving a firefox profile to a new computer. When I copied the profile I failed to close firefox first. Now when I try to open firefox on the new computer it keeps telling me that firefox is already open and it can't open a second copy. How can I tell it there is no firefox already open? I tried to go back to the old computer, close firefox, recopy the profile and then copy it to the new computer. But that did not eliminate the problem. Help please. Thanks. It's firefox 3.5.11 on Mac OS 10.6.4
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Verified Download Plugin
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/18.104.22.168
The problem may be that Firefox can not find the profile, you also get the Firefox is open message in that situation.
The following link shows possible causes for that error message and how to resolve them. In your case the "Check the profile folder name and location" section may contain the solution - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_in_use