What happened to my Download Helper Icon?
Ever since I updated FF to 3.6.8, I no longer see the icon for the Download Helper add-on. How do I get it back? I've tried customizing the toolbar, but add-ons are not presented as one of the options.
Videos play just fine - have Shockwave Version: 10.1.82.76 installed. But I can't download Flash videos from any site now because the Download Helper icon is never presented when I start playing a video.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
I have Download Helper v 4.7.4, and confirmed that it is enabled. I've tried updating to 4.8, but I always get this error message: "Firefox could not install the file at
because: Unexpected installation error
Review the Error Console log for more details.
Tried re-starting FF, uninstalling/reinstalling FF. Nothing seems to work.
In the Customize window, is there an icon with a label under it saying "Download Helper"? If so, drag it to the toolbar. Many extensions/add-ons place their icons in the Customize window and the user must put them on the toolbar. If the extension you refer to is this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/ , be sure your options are set: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions, click Download Helper, click Options, on the DH Preferences window, click General, click Appearance tab.
- Home page: http://www.downloadhelper.net/
- Manual: http://www.downloadhelper.net/manual.php
- Support page (e-mail): http://www.downloadhelper.net/support-expert.php
Unexpected installation error -203
There is no "customize" window in FF 3.6.8. The closest thing I can access is the Tools/Options menu, and the only thing I can do from there is "manage add-ons". When I select that, the only thing I get is a window that asks if I want to update the add-ons I already have loaded, and/or get new ones. Never see an icon for Download Helper anywhere.
Also, whenever I try to update DH (and yes, I have verified it is enabled) from 4.7.4 to 4.8, all I get is an error message: "Firefox could not install the file at
because: Unexpected installation error Review the Error Console log for more details. -203"
And I actually get this same error message with ANY add-on I try to upgrade or add.
Can anyone figure out what's going on here?
"There is no "customize" window in FF 3.6.8."
View > Toolbars > Customize
Unexpected installation error -203 (posted just above your message)