Can I change the cursor in caret browsing?
I am trying to get rid of my mouse, and have found that Caret Browsing in FF is often a good way to get around some pages using the keyboard only. My problem is that my eyesight is none too good, and the caret is really hard to see. Is there any way to change it to something more visible?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Default Plug-in
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Yes, you can set several prefs to change the appearance of the cursor.
ui.caretVisibleWithSelection ui.caretWidth ui.caretBlinkTime
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.