I get Unresponsive Script: Chrome://saff/content/saffplg.js.139 when I am opening Firefox Browser
I get a message when I try to open Firefox Browser: Unresponsive Script: Chrome://saff/content/saffplg.js.139. I have to manually stop scpipt before the Browser will open.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
That error appears to come from an add-on. To test this try the procedure in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article.
When you check your list of add-ons, look for an add-on that has "saff" in its name or the initials s.a.f.f. , that will likely be the one causing the problem.
I uninstalled and then reinstalled.Cleared all the setting during uninstallation. Still get the same problem.
saffplg.js is part of McAffee Site Advisor simply uninstalling this software helped, possible there is less invasive way
What does McAfee have to say about the bad behavior of saffplg.js ??