firefox does not play programes with BBC iplayer after latest IE update
I have been watching BBC programes using BBC iplayer for a long time using firefox as the browser - after a microsoft set of updates the iplayer worked with everything but would not play the actual programs - I reinstalled the iplayer programme and got the same result - however if I copy the addresses to IE it all works - (note - dont think you can play programs outside UK)
Additional System Details
This started when...
say 7 days ago
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- BBC iPlayer Plugin
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Panda ActiveScan 2.0 Plugin for Firefox
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
It now seems to be working again form firefox browser
If it happens again then try:
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"