A new tab doesn't open automatically when I click on a link, even though I have ticked the box in the Tab table
I have ticked boxes 1 to 4 in Tools/Options/ Tabs but I have to click on open a new tab and then click on the link to a new site. How do I configure the tab to open automatically when I click on a link ?
The usual methods are Ctrl+click, or using the "middle" mouse "button." To have all links open in a new tab, you probably need an add-on. You can use Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons to start your search, or research more on this forum.Read this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
- Logitech Device Detection
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1
The usual methods are Ctrl+click, or using the "middle" mouse "button." To have all links open in a new tab, you probably need an add-on. You can use Tools > Add-ons > Get Add-ons to start your search, or research more on this forum.
Thank you for that information. I have now configured my mouse to use the middle wheel to open in a new tab and it works fine. Thanks again.