firefox goes into work off line mode and will not connect to the internet
Firefox randomly disconnects from the internet. The work off line option is somehow checked and when un- checked Firefox will still not connect. A re-boot of the computer most often solves the problem. This is new and I have not made any changes recently. Running Fox 3.6.3
Try going to Tools--Addons--Extensions and disable your extensions one by one to see if one of them is causing the problem.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Ant.com Toolbar 2.0.1 Firefox/3.6.3
Try going to Tools--Addons--Extensions and disable your extensions one by one to see if one of them is causing the problem.
Thank you Moses. I had three add ons that I wasn"t using and after removing them I have not seen the problem again. Thanks again for your help.