My firefox is hijacked by a software which changed my starting page to a webpage that they pointed to. The homepage in the option menu did not change, and no matter what I did, the starting page is pointed toward that page which I don't like.
My starting page is hijacked by a software which I have deleted. The option menu home page or starting page info is not changed, but I can't switch back the starting page to the webpage I wanted.
Every time Firefox opened
== I trying to install a webgame yesterday and I was cheated. Even I have already unstalled the software, the starting page cannot be changed back
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 MindQuizSearchToolbar/1.2
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website