Why does firefox update itself even when i tell it not to? Everytime it updates itself it messes up and crashes, make it stop. I like firefox but if I keep having to unistall and reinstall it ever month to every other month I am going to be done with it
Fire Fox updates itself even after I tell it not to. The new version it updates to crashes, adobe flash player doesn't work on it and it takes forever to load when it does work. I have used fire fox for years now but if this keeps up I will find something else to use.
A few times a week
== When you came out with fire fox 6.6 or whatever
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I also have this problem of Firefox updating by itself even when I turn off auto-update.
For whatever reason, there are situations where you do not want to update or download a large file, because you're working offline, have a slow connection, or have a very low download allowance etc. Usually the update doesn't work and cause Firefox to crash. After that it cannot be started again. This is with Firefox Portable but I think I've had this problem the normal Firefox. With the portable version I can just back up a single folder but it is still time wasting and annoying.
I've noticed that when I start Firefox with auto-update turned off, it changes the options to auto-update, it also does this periodically. So every time I start Firefox I have to turn off auto-update, and I have to do this from to time because Firefox will by itself turn back on the auto-update.
Modified by logos17