Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Is it possible to block advertizers from directing ads to me?

AnonymousUser

I'm tired of shopping on a website and then going to a news site only to see ads from the shopping sites as if I'm being tracked and the ads are being customized for me. This happens all the time. I've recently seen Zappos.com and Bobbiebrown.com do this. Is there a way to prevent shopping sites from tracking me?

I'm tired of shopping on a website and then going to a news site only to see ads from the shopping sites as if I'm being tracked and the ads are being customized for me. This happens all the time. I've recently seen Zappos.com and Bobbiebrown.com do this. Is there a way to prevent shopping sites from tracking me?

All Replies (1)

Chosen Solution

Have you considered blocking ads altogether? AdblockPlus https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/ Also, read this: http://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started