Suddenly Yahoo is my default Firefox home page. How do I reset Google as the default?
Somehow my Firefox start page is defaulting to Yahoo, instead of Google. How do I reset the default to Google?
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.3
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Thx for the answer, but i am sure that many ppl just would like their default MOZILLA FIREFOX start page to use Google instead of Yahoo..
I, as well as many other people, do not like Yahoo, but prefer Google instead. If anyone doubt this accusation, they can search the various forums on the internet, where they will learn that MANY people is unsatisfied with this new turn.
Anyway, until this is changed back, or a solution is posted, i am going to use www.google.com and not the Firefox default page, as my default start page.
Sincerely yours Nico
I am with NicoR. Why did my Mozilla Firefox Start page default search switch to Yahoo? And why only on some logins on some computers?
I tried changing it back using about:config command but it is not taking.
I resorted to the brute force approach. I uninstalled the browser, i.e., control panel - uninstall programs, etc. I then used my IE browser to download and re-install Firefox. Once I launched Firefox I was able to set it up the way I wanted. ..... Shame on Yahoo for treating us this way -- they never asked or prompted.