Links that open in new windows do not work in Firefox, even when I disable pop-up blocker.
Any links that open as new windows or pop-ups will not work in Firefox, even when I disable pop-up blocker. For example in Gmail I can click a person's e-mail as a hyperlink and it is supposed to open a new e-mail message to that address in a separate window. However, when I try it in Firefox, nothing happens, the window won't open. No link that operates this way will work. I have tried disabling pop-up blocker but the problem still happens.
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Are you sure that you don't have another pop-up blocker installed, like a pop-up blocker that is part of a security suite?
Also,do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
This site is the culprit for me every time I try to visit my granddaughter's website..... this thing pops up even when I tell Firefox to block them, and not allow any cookies.... firefox cleans out my request and it pops up again. That's a major bug in my book. Here try it yourself and see if it happens for you. Try going here.... http://nvesgagi.webs.com/ Watch this one invade... http://smarthealthmart.com/
That page has been hacked.