"The HP Smart Web Printing application is not supported in the Firefox web browser" is what it says on an insert which came with my new HP C309. What does this mean and how can I print e-mails photos etc?
"HP Smart Web Printing application is not supported in the Firefox web browser" is what an insert which came with my new HP C309. What does that mean and is this why I can't print e-mails or photos from my computer?
== I installed the new printer
Additional System Details
- -The Totem 2.28.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- The IcedTea Java Web Browser Plugin 1.6.1 (6b16-1.6.1-3ubuntu3) executes Java applets.
- Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.4434 built with gcc 3.4.6 on Oct 1 2008
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Firefox/3.5.9
Ubuntu Firefox modifications 0.8
This only means that HP's enhanced web printing feature is not available in Firefox, as it had been in the past. All it allowed you to do was select portions of websites and then print them.
You can continue to print websites normally in Firefox using an HP printer.