release 3.6.6. for Mac OS X will not download and does not follow the images presented on Mozilla site
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to download the 3.6.6 version for a Mac OS X. My prompts do not match what is provided on the site, and whichever selection (open/save) does not work. It is downloading as a .dmg file, but when downloaded it is not recognised. At present I am on version 3.0. I would really appreciate any help.
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plug-In for viewing TV channels powered by RayV
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0
fox tab, friend bar, silvermel and caramel XT, colorful tabs
Make sure that you do not have security (anti-virus) software that is corrupting the downloaded DMG file.
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.