Firefox will not print to my HP PSC750 inkjet printer but prints with no problem to the monochrome Brother HL-5240. Other browsers print to both printers with no problem
Firefox will not print to my HP PSC750 inkjet printer but prints with no problem to the monochrome Brother HL-5240. Other browsers print to both printers with no problem. I must print out filled-in webforms and must use the inkjet printer for that. However, Firefox presents me with a dialog box that says "An unknown error has occurred while printing", even when nothing at all has even started to print out.
When I next try to print the same screen content to the monochrome laser printer, the entire contents of the form showing on the web page will print out as a single block of text - all run together and utterly unintelligible.
How can I make Firefox print normally and legibly to my HP inkjet printer, the same as other browsers?
A few times a week
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10
Try the reset described here for the HP PSC750 printer: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages#Reset_pr...
Tried that but it made no difference whatever