I have installed 4.0 Beta 1. Can I safely uninstall 3.6.6 and not lose all my setting bookmarks and such
I have installed Firefox 4.0 Beta 1. May I uninstall 3.6.6 and not lose all my bookmarks and settings and such/
== July 11, 2010
Additional System Details
- -Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:2.0b1) Gecko/20100630 Firefox/4.0b1 ( .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152)
Bookmarks and settings are held in your profile.
Beta software is for testing. There is always the possibility that it will screw up your profile and you will have to delete it.
You should preferably create a separate profile for the beta version. Alternatively backup (copy) your profile so that you can restore it.
If you're sure that Firefox 4 betas are always going to work then you can delete other versions. But I wouldn't.