How do I get Comcast to stop being my default search engine?
Whenever I type in a "bad" address, I am taken to Comcast search WHICH I DON'T WANT. Tried going through Comcast to get rid of it but can't. Also, WHY does the cursor jump to the search bar when I am typing an address? It happens a couple of times for every address.
Every time Firefox opened
== A few days ago
Additional System Details
- -LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_15 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009120208 Firefox/3.0.16 FBSMTWB
Adobe DLM, Java Console 6.0.11, 6.0.13, 6.0.15, logmein 188.8.131.528
That is a "Domain Helper Service" provided by Comcast. See this to opt-out of that service. https://dns-opt-out.comcast.net/
It seems to reset itself for me every few months and I have to "opt-out" again and again. You might want to bookmark that page, in case that happens for you, too.