Why am I getting popups thru firefox and I have pop ups blocked?
Just recently I have started to get pop ups all the time with the firefox logo in the task bar? Why is this happening and how can I stop them. I have pop ups blocked on my computer.
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- SkillJam Loader Plugin
- Skilljam Secure Player
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 GTB7.0
If you provide me with the link for the page(s) where this happens, I may be able to be more specific, and tell you if you're not the only one with that problem.
In any case, it's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and theme and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
Also, maybe you want to scan your computer for malware. To scan for malware, install, update and run these programs in this order. They are all free for personal use, but some have limited functionality in their "free mode", but the features you'll miss are not really needed to find and remove the problem you have. Remember that not all programs detect the same malware!
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - malwarebytes.org/mbam.php SuperAntispyware - superantispyware.com AdAware - lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware Spybot Search & Destroy - safer-networking.org/en/index.html Windows Defender - microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx Dr. Web Cureit - freedrweb.com/cureit
If these don't find it or can't clear it, please tell me and I'll provide you with further assistance.