The right mouse click isn't working on some sites or for some things
On facebook, the right mouse click doesn't work (it used to). Also, the right mouse click to copy pictures isn't working.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 07103010
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have no idea. I just update whenever it tells me to.
A website can prevent or alter the use of the right-click menu. Some sites do it to prevent the use of copying. If it works on other sites maybe that's what they've done.
Some sites are built using Flash - which also stops the normal right-click options working.
Is there anything I can do to fix it? I know one of the sites it should work, because I sent them a question asking how to copy a picture (I own it) in my account because it's no longer on my computer. They are the ones who told me to right click the mouse to copy it. I imagine they wouldn't have suggested it if it wouldn't work.
There's no general answer - it depends on the individual site.
Have you tried googling? Others may have found a workround.
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."