BBC News Headlines not displaying correctly
The BBC News Front Page has a ticker that shows the latest headlines. With IE this is presented as a band of text with a button to pause/play and next and previous buttons. With Firefox the ticker shows as several lines of small text with text in place of the buttons for stop, previous item and next item. The news items do change but the presentation is wrong. I had to re-install Firefox recently and am now on a later version than previously when I didn't experience this problem.
URL of affected sites
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).