how do I update to Firefox 3.6.3 for Mac OS X 10.4 when although logged in as an administrator I don't have sufficient permissions?
I am trying to update to Firefox 3.6.3 for Mac OS X 10.4 but when I try to install am told that I don't have sufficient privileges. I am logged in as an administrator.
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Verified Download Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/220.127.116.11
DOM Inspector 18.104.22.168
Firefox companion for ebay 1.6.11
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
Same problem, except I "don't have sufficient permissions" to trash Firefox or anything else now. So I cannot take the steps you outline above.
Also, since the download, my disk utilities does not open. What did you guys do to my computer?????!!!
almost the same, MAC 10.6.4, and i still cant install FF3.6.x